Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #22
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonnyS View Post
To ALL of the replies, THANKS!! Some really good info.
DavidEM I have the original standard charger that came OEM. So I should avoid the lithium batteries and replace with AGM??
Not really. It all depends on what you want.

Flooded cell lead acid batteries can work fine if you maintain them by checking periodically and adding water if necessary and rarely run them down below 50%.

I used AGMs because I liked the no maintenance and the price for the Windynation AGMs wasn't that much higher than an equivalent lead acid G31 battery.

If you need more than 100 amp hours of usable capacity then lithium batteries can do that for you. A pair of G31 lithium batteries has about 200 amp hours of usable capacity, double that of equivalent size FLA or AGM batteries. The only downside is the need to upgrade the charger to fully charge them but that can have the added benefit of increased charging rate.

So all are acceptable depending on what you want.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum