Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
TheDustyGeek

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
State: Virginia
THOR #12448
Our rig says to use 100lb on our 255/80-22.5 Michelin XRV tires. GVWR is 24K. We had it weighed and came in around 23K, fully loaded with everyone in the coach. I forget the exact numbers, but our front and back GAWR were nicely under by a very comfortable amount (I don’t have the sheet handy right now). The only thing I don’t know is the side-to-side, so I went with 15% margin above the actual weight.

Using the Michelin tire weight chart, I found I could run the tires at 90lbs and still have a pretty hefty safety margin (like 20%). We usually run about 93-95lbs and the ride is considerably smoother then at the 100 on the sticker.

So, you can possibly run lower than the sticker says, but you really don’t know unless you weigh it.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum