Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 02:20 PM   #30
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
But is it an anomaly for all? And if NOT; why not?; it is the same Manufacturer that makes the coaches.

If you go back to OP's original post and carefully look at the issues, they appear to me as the type of things that would normally be caught during the PDI. I don't agree with statement that an owner " is required to blindly accept poor workmanship" If there is an anomaly; it may be failure of some owner to fully conduct PDI before buying.

I can say this because I had to walk away from brand new 2018 ACE 29.3 and a 2019 Windsport 27B. Ironically a faulty ladder was one of the items on the Windsport 27B that I found. The Dealer upfront told me they could not or would not repair. I walked, I was not required to do anything, I got all my money back (deposits). Had I bought either of the two, it would not have been the end of the world. Sometimes you buy things at such a good deal, you accept the responsibility of what is required to get it fixed to your liking. Had I bought either of those coaches and expected some Thor Dealer to fix all of those things, or put to them on social media blast, I would actually be part of why the RV industry in general is in a spin cycle. The only way to make it stop, is to don't buy junk you don't want to fix Caveat Emptor as been around a long time and buying an RV does not give one a free pass
Well said. When we bought our latest rig we walked away twice and when we walked the second time we gave them 48 hours to get it right or the deal was off. When we returned it was right and they also presented us with a check for a campground deposit we lost because the coach wasn’t ready at the first PDI. We refused to accept their assurances that they would fix it after sale and we refused to sign anything until it was right. We did have one issue that required a conference call with Entegra and a factory service appointment before we signed the purchase offer.

The buyer is in control, not the dealer and it is the buyer that decides if they relinquish that control to the dealer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum