Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 04:14 PM   #31
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
In my opinion, no one is required to blindly accept poor workmanship. It is a CHOICE one makes. Having an expectation of a certain level of quality is justified.

Yes... the BUYER is in control - AS I alluded to in the first two sentences in the above statement.

The customer has the FINAL say - Buy or NOT buy. PERIOD.

BUT - in the last sentence (Having an expectation of a certain level of quality is justified) - EVEN AFTER A SUCCESSFUL PDI - it's a crap shoot. How is the customer able to tell that EVERY CRITICAL component of the underlying structure is sound? This is where the "expectation of quality" comes into play.

I was very fortunate that the motorhome I purchased had no major flaws. Loose trim, crooked outlets, sloppy stapling job... sadly, I expected those. There have been no structurally caused leaks and the Schwintek system has worked as expected. Being mechanically inclined and comfortable with trouble-shooting procedures - I'm a happy camper.

Question is... are RV manufacturers being unscrupulous by not offering much longer warranties to cover (often very expensive) flaws which are impossible to detect in a thorough PDI? Flaws which seem to be more common in current random sampling of today's units?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum