Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 03:30 AM   #37
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
I might be mistaken but two years is the standard trade it in time. Might have something to do with it. Just saying.
It might be?; it was just so coincidental to get the email on same day as a post that I had just happened to be commenting that some dealers do care.

FWIW, if you think that is the only or first email I have received from them in 2 years; you would be mistaken. They seem to always have something going on to keep engaged.

Look La Mesa RV is very large company and I am sure they get their fair share of complaints, but my experience has been nothing but positive and they have kept in contact with me. They have done everything they said they would do and more. I don't view myself as anything special and certainly not one of their really big money spending customers, so I figure they at least try to treat everybody the same way; but as you know, some people cannot be pleased.

I credit a GM at La Mesa RV to help me get a relationship with a local dealer to do a few warranty items that I found after my 15 hour trip from Florida back to Texas. Now my local Dealer is Gold, short the Sumo Springs & Safe T Plus, my RV has never been serviced by anyone else but Local Dealer. Both of the dealers that I am crowing about are after the sale and care, they do what they say, but I must listen and/or read what they say. Now if the topic switches to Presale Dealers that only want you to buy what they have on the lot and not ask questions about why their coach is not perfect, or can't pass a simple PDI, I can go on for days about my horror stories. i.e. at one RV Dealership in Texas; I had my Salesman's Manager (the Sales Manager) stand over me while my wife was sitting next me and he says "look Mr. Koldman; we don't make the RVs, we just sell them, do you want to buy this coach or not; because we got people that do" And you know what; he was right. Every coach that we walked away from, and every coach that failed our PDI, someone came along and bought it. My money says many may have been on this site perplexed about Dealers not caring because suddenly they don't understand why the Dealer wouldn't fix all of their problems.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum