Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 12:26 AM   #9
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I am on my 2nd motor home since 2015. The first one I did not do a thorough enough inspection thinking that I was buying a high quality unit from a well established manufacturer(Winnebago). I had issue after issue. It was at the dealership more for the first 18 months than with me. They were not minor issues. Generator not working, no propane flowing, furnace not working, chassis battery connections melted the battery cover/shorted out... Once everything was repaired, it was a good coach. I then purchased a Thor product in 2018. I knew what to do from my last experience and only had a couple of minor issues. I learned from the first what to expect and went into it head on knowing that I would be fixing minor issues along the way. There were things that I was not told on the first purchase like fully loading it and having the front end aligned again to ensure it was correct loaded since it was aligned empty at the factory. That bit of knowledge could have saved me $750 for 2 new front tires and an alignment on my first motor home. It is like night and day between the two purchases. I will agree that finding a good dealership is half of the battle.

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum