Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #22
hardinkr

Brand: DRV
Model: Dallas
State: Texas
THOR #3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeShark View Post
I would be interested if you can run both Hondas and have the trailer accept more than 13 amps. On my 2015 MS the transfer switch will accept only one generator and will cut out the power of the second one. I called Surgeguard and they verified that the parallel hook up will not work with their Transfer switch. How did you do it?
We have the front 50 amp plug plus the built in Surge Guard surge protector and the Precision Circuits Inc power control system. With all this we were having problem getting power from the two Honda 2000 watt generators into the coach. The fix was recommended by the power control company to Greg Weldon at DRV and passed on to me. "The Power Management will not let the power into your unit because of a open ground. To correct this problem; use a new 15amp male three prong plug in - install a wire from the ground prong (top prong and green screw) to the neutral prong (silver screw). DO NOT USE the Hot or Power prong (bronze or copper). Plug the male plugin into one of the 15 amps female receptacle on either generator. This will fix your problem". That is a quote from the note I got from Greg and it worked with no issues. We have used the generators on the 50amp plug on the front of the RV and the main power cord at the rear. We can only use one AC unit and two TV's and Refrigerator without over loading the generators.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum