Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 12:26 AM   #6
TxTig

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I grew up in a neighborhood where we all drank out of the nearest spigot/garden hose. Ive drunk water on the AT after putting drops in it that looked nasty as hell. I’ve lived 65 good years. RO system. Purified water in a plastic jug. Nope. I’ll drink what comes out of the tap and take my chances. I do sanitize my freshwater tank and water hose at start of each season. A small amount of bleach. WTH. I grew up across the river from Union Carbide’s chlorine plant.

I want to do it more for taste of the water. My home water is pretty crappy and tastes a lot fresher coming out of the RO unit compared to the tap. And, lot of RV parks I’ve stayed at have kinda suspect fresh water supplies.

As far as the chlorine plant you mentioned, I worked in one for several years as a young man. It didn’t kill me, but I got exposed to chlorine clouds on more than one occasion. Nasty place to work/live.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum