Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 05:32 AM   #7
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I've had a home RO system for nearly 30 years. A true RO membrane has VERY slow throughput... how are they doing "on demand"? My current home system has a 2.5 gallon tank.

I considered an RO motorhome install. After researching we went with a Berkey filter system. There's controversy surrounding it considering the NSF certification, but I trust the reviews from engineers. It's an expensive unit, but handy... and closest thing to RO I could find.

A word about municipal and well water. I had a brother die from renal cancer two years ago. He drank water from an area very close to a known polluted ground water source... about 40 years ago. Speculate all you want, but the cancer rate for the areas population is near 100x the norm. AND... he's the only family member to develop cancer of any type.

There are farm fields all around where I live. The runoff goes right into wells. You make your own decisions... we shower and wash dishes with tap water, but we never drink municipal/well water unless it's been through the membrane at home. We trust the Berkey on the road for travel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum