Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 06:15 PM   #14
lwmcguir

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
You didn’t grow up around Lake Erie or anywhere around the steel belt in the 60’s or 70’s did you. I lived and grew up a few city blocks away from the shores of the “Burning River” (Cuyahoga).

Look at the facts for there and then and you will see how convoluted your statement is.

Quality of water is much higher today than in the past.
Apparently I didnt make clear what I intended to

Quality of water prior to treatment is much worse today than it has ever been across the country

Water treatment plants have done a great job of getting us potable water within the current limits delivered to our taps

I didn't intend to imply we were drinking bad water at all but the need to treat it is there.

If your immune compromised the tap water might be marginal but certainly save to drink.

Well water or unregulated water is another thing

I am well aware of the test and requirements of potable water and certainly again didn't intend to infer that they weren't doing their jobs except for perhaps places like Flint where they ignored the lead for many years. this is not typical by any means.

A lot of money is spent cleaning up and treating our water to keep it safe to drink.

However the TDS in almost all our water has increased significantly in the past years due to over usage and increased population.

There are thousands of plants operating daily remediating water and keeping our water safe to drink.

I will have to be a bit more careful on how I say things

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum