Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 01:30 AM   #35
lwmcguir

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProsperTrail View Post
I may be missing the point, but when was the last time you "Sanitize" your refrigerator water dispenser or your kitchen faucet at home?

I use a filter on the hose to fill in the fresh water tank, just like the one I use on the park water connection.

I agree there are some camping site where I would not connect to their water, so I don't.

Regular city water has enough chlorine to keep killing any residual bacteria every time you empty and refill your fresh water tank.

what I absolutely do, is empty all the tanks after every trip. and rise my black tank as well.
A properly cared for fresh water tank, filled with chlorinated water, should never be an issue.

The same folks using one hose for fresh water and blank tank flushing create their issues

Since Ithe early 60's i have used hydrogen peroxide as a refresher and sterilant as dermed necessary in my water tanks

Still do today

The only treatment our ice and wster dispensers get is surface wipe down and you already know, hydrogen peroxide

Good point brought up as the activated carbon filter on thr RO and fridge remove the chlorine

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum