Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Open neutral
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 05:54 PM   #8
EVMIII

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Mississippi
THOR #10956
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
2.3 AC Amps is not a lot but the real question is:

If the "RV AC master breaker is turned off" (assuming you are talking about the double pole AC breaker in your Power center that removes SP from the breaker panel), why are you drawing ANY amps?

It could be the pass though coil on the EMS. It could be the SP activating coil on the ATS (if it has one) or, at 2.3 amps, I would say both. But that seems like a lot of current for 2 constant duty actuating coils.

But otherwise, it's perfectly normal for a single, or even multiple loads to pull from one hot leg. Other loads will pull from the other hot leg.
I wasn’t clear. I have 50 amp coming in. The master AC breaker in the RV is turned off. I am trying to isolate the “open neutral” to isolate the problem to the watchdog or the inverter. A little more research has shown that my charger only uses line one and since it’s the only thing running so those readings make sense. It ran all morning without issue, I have just turned on the main RV AC panel breaker but I’m not running anything to draw power. If it still doesn’t error I’ll start trying one breaker at a time with draw to see if I can find the problem.
(swapped out of 37' 5th wheel and Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax in Apr 18)
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum