Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: EMS Install
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 05:10 PM   #9
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindboyb View Post
Theft deterrent is very nice, and not having to set it up every time is nice. But correct if I’m wrong, but the PT30X has the same under voltage protection. In fact, they appear to be identical except that one is hardwired and one is not.
You're correct.

The choice of pedestal vs. installed comes down to personal choice... performance is identical. I traded the hour it took to install for the convenience of not messing with yet another device. For me, it's too expensive of a device to leave out in plain sight to temp thieves... just a "do you feel lucky" thing... but that's JUST ME.

if the device were to fail... I'm likely moving, as the pedestal is compromised - or possibly the entire campground electric. The bypass switch on the EMS essentially "jumps around" the EMS circuitry, so just a matter of sliding a switch. Besides... I'm CERTAINLY not plugging in unprotected to an unknown electric source! Frying the EMS is one thing, but frying the entire coach? No thanks... I'll use my generator.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum