Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 06:08 PM   #23
Frank@theShop

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #26495
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
Are you aware of a dealer sending back a defective RV to the builder? I suspect not. At best the two will agree on a discount.

But in most cases, even with significant defects, the dealer will suck it up, fix the problems over time, and then use that experience in negotiating his deal with the builder when it is time to renew.

David
I am very aware of dealers declining defective units. I have done it. I work at a Thor dealer. At one time I was the one that checked the new units in. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. The most recent example we tried to decline, Thor asked that we accept it and they sent a team of factory techs to repair it at our facility. It is financially reckless for a dealership to accept a unit that needs so many repairs that it will not be ready to sell for months. By the time it is ready, it will be worth less as next years models will be getting ready to come out. What typically doesn't happen David is "the two will agree on a discount". Do some dealers accept RVs they should have declined? Absolutely. As I said previously, better managed dealerships are careful with things like that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum