Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 12:06 AM   #27
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@theShop View Post
I am very aware of dealers declining defective units. I have done it. I work at a Thor dealer. At one time I was the one that checked the new units in. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. The most recent example we tried to decline, Thor asked that we accept it and they sent a team of factory techs to repair it at our facility. It is financially reckless for a dealership to accept a unit that needs so many repairs that it will not be ready to sell for months. By the time it is ready, it will be worth less as next years models will be getting ready to come out. What typically doesn't happen David is "the two will agree on a discount". Do some dealers accept RVs they should have declined? Absolutely. As I said previously, better managed dealerships are careful with things like that.
I am curious to hear how the process works where Dealer decline any ordered RV? Specifically when? (meaning where was the RV when it was declined and for what reasons?)

My theory and please inject where I may be wrong because I do not know, but hey I can jump in to stir the pot.

1. Dealer Orders RV and pays for it.
2. RV Mfg say it is ready; so Dealer schedules pick up
3. Dealer sends a Driver to pick up RV and the drive may be hundreds maybe 1,000s of miles.
4. The Driver does QC, and signs off. Unless it is missing engine or tires; what motivation will driver have to return empty handed?
5. I doubt major damage or issues are ever found anyway, what is found is part of the make ready where it is 1st received on Dealers lot and a thorough inspection is supposed to performed
6. Dealer either fixes or not
7. I say most dealers do not fix everything preferring to see if the buyer will notice or say anything.
8. Dealers make money because buyers buy what others may call crap. The ones that complain the loudest usually have been hoodwinked by the Dealer whom they trusted and assume could do no wrong.

Saying Thor is poor Quality Mfg is like saying, Wal Mart is lousy dept store. Yup you can find a few things wrong, but you don't become #1 because all you do is make junk. TMC is guilty of same thing that Wal Mart is, trying to provide the best affordable product for the masses. But perhaps worse than Wal Mart because their sales model assumes a Thor Dealer Network to ensure customers get a good working product. Some dealers do and other do not.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum