Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 05:19 PM   #33
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
At one of the Dealers, they (The Sales guy) actually called the Thor Account Manager and let me talked with them on the phone about the items I had identified that Dealer was saying they could not fix. For every line item I had; Thor said it was a Dealer issue. Even for a newbie it was common sense what TMC was saying and it made sense. The Sales guy was livid because Dealer's management (his bosses) would not budge. The Dealer's attitude was if I don't buy someone else will and the Dealer was right. Both RVs were sold, and I am sure they did not fix those items. I always wonder if the person that bought the RVs ever came to this site and just took TMC to task for poor quality?

I spoke with TMC a lot, and NEVER had a bad experience with them. Their Customer Service was polite and always tried to help me. Maybe once you buy they turn into Satan; but I don't think so. I think TMC does what they say. If I am wrong, I was just blessed to have dealt with crappy Thor Dealers to never find out.

I totally agree with this statement. My experience with Thor has always been stellar and my initial warranty fix hit list at the factory service center in 2019 was a great experience. What I saw recently and what most are experiencing is the fallout on the assembly process. They use inferior fasteners, they don't control the torque and tons of screws and staples get driven in so hard they route out the base seat or get shot through the material. Too large of fasteners are used in too soft of a wood base causing splits (no pre-drilling). They see and know this but no one stops to correct it. It's all covered up as production numbers just don't allow it. The unit sits on a static floor looking great...until it hits a bump...after purchase. Everything I recently witnessed on the units at this dealership is directly related to the hap-hazard assembly rush...not the engineering or design. I've always been an advocate of Thor...not a blaster. BUT...what I saw this week really hit my heart hard for all those who have serious issues with little to no avenue for help. I asked the salesgirl...if I purchase this, will y'all fix these things today before we do papers. She said..."we will try" but our shop is two months out and we are way short on technicians. You can leave it with us or bring it back later "and we'll be glad to fix it". Of course, I knew the answer before I asked the question. They will not perform the PDI and walk-through until after the customer signs all the papers. They wanted a $5,000 deposit immediately...even though it was going to be a cash deal in a few minutes at same day closing. You think they know something??
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum