Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 05:37 PM   #34
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I totally agree with this statement. My experience with Thor has always been stellar and my initial warranty fix hit list at the factory service center in 2019 was a great experience. What I saw recently and what most are experiencing is the fallout on the assembly process. They use inferior fasteners, they don't control the torque and tons of screws and staples get driven in so hard they route out the base seat or get shot through the material. Too large of fasteners are used in too soft of a wood base causing splits (no pre-drilling). They see and know this but no one stops to correct it. It's all covered up as production numbers just don't allow it. The unit sits on a static floor looking great...until it hits a bump...after purchase. Everything I recently witnessed on the units at this dealership is directly related to the hap-hazard assembly rush...not the engineering or design. I've always been an advocate of Thor...not a blaster. BUT...what I saw this week really hit my heart hard for all those who have serious issues with little to no avenue for help. I asked the salesgirl...if I purchase this, will y'all fix these things today before we do papers. She said..."we will try" but our shop is two months out and we are way short on technicians. You can leave it with us or bring it back later "and we'll be glad to fix it". Of course, I knew the answer before I asked the question. They will not perform the PDI and walk-through until after the customer signs all the papers. They wanted a $5,000 deposit immediately...even though it was going to be a cash deal in a few minutes at same day closing. You think they know something??
Sounds like the dealer (and Thor) are making a great case to keep your old RV. That's our plan. Besides, who wants to start all over modifying a new RV to fit your needs when the old one has already been upgraded?

Our class A is not huge, but the time for car camping in hatchbacks and camping in converted vans (both of which I did when younger, as well as truck camping with a topper) is behind us.

The dealer is probably just as happy to see you head down the road: the last thing they want is an educated customer.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum