Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Winegard 2.0
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 09:46 AM   #20
Bob Nodine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
When I used an AT&T Sim in the Winegard, it worked well. When my phone was spotty the Winegard woild actually connect better being on the roof with external antennas. There were a few updates from Winegard when I first started using it.

Ultimately you can’t get cellular coverage everywhere so that’s why I went with Starlink…. and also bring the TMobile Home Gateway for Internet while we are moving.
We also are having good luck with an AT&T Prepaid Sim Card in the Winegard 2.0. The Winegard being on the roof with a larger antenna than a cell phone or a hotspot picks up the cell signal when the cellphone does not. We started with a Verizon sim card in the Winegard and found they were always slowing it down and giving priority to other traffic. We decided to switch to AT&T and have found the coverage to be better than Verizon and so far they have not been throttling back the speed. We connect our laptop and our Roku to the Winegard and stream movies and live TV.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum