Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 10:20 PM   #54
RVwife

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
WOW...WOW, what an incredible response and yes, please send whatever you wish to share.....
Happy to do so. I'll make some time over the weekend to convert our various trips to PDFs. I actually have more trips east than west but will just send you the whole batch; each trip as a separate file. We've had a great time on all of them. I also have a Kewenaw/Michgan Upper Peninsula (UP) roughed out. Thanks to covid it didn't happen. Many of those sites are just getting back to where their local volunteers are willing to open them back up. We look forward to doing that one in the near future. If you do decide to come to MI via the UP give a shout as I have some suggestions that are not in that trip plan.

Another option for getting to MI might be via the car ferry from WI to mid-MI. Down side is it's further from all of the MI national parks and a lot of really neat stuff up this way. I costed it our recently as a way of avoiding the crazy drive around Chicago. Money wise gas vs. ferry fare it's about even (maybe slightly cheaper) for us @ 10 MPG with our rig. Time wise it will be shorter. We haven't done that crossing yet but I hear it's good.

Oh and that referral about a stop in Uranus, MO. Must do for lots of off color laughs! Not an official Rt 66 stop (it's more recent) but we could not resist. Spent way more time (and could have spent a large amount of $$) laughing the whole time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum