Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #16
Greg84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Sigh.....and the house batteries are dead again.

My Freightliner dealership recharged them. While the house battery disconnect is in the off position there is a parasitic draw of ~ 0.3 volts.

Called my dealership....they said this was normal....not trusting the guy I spoke with I called Thor and they said this was NOT normal, there should be zero draw when the house battery rocker switch is in the off position. No surprise.

Thor gave me gave me a strategy to find that problem. Go to the 12 volt panel and pull the fuses one-by-on, while monitoring the draw on the battery. I'll give that a shot.

As a side note I had the chassis battery disconnected during this time time. I wonder if there is a feed into the chassis from the house battery through the bi-dir relay?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum