Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 01:41 AM   #26
scrubjaysnest

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by billburt View Post
Ed
The use/store switch is where I started. There is just .17 volts to the center pins on the use/store switch. I thought changing the 5a fuse at the relay would be the fix, but still just .17 volts on the center pins of the switch . The voltage drops to 0 when the switch is actuated and back to .17 when the switch is returned to the center position so I think its making contact internally just not enough voltage. I need to somehow trace back from the switch to its power source.
I'll try tomorrow to find a spot downstream of the 5a fuse holder to see if I have voltage there. Its a little tight under there.
I also have dc power to everything in the coach so my only problem is that I'm unable to switch the batteries to the store position.
The use/store switch is called a double pole double throw momentary switch. This means the center pins are momentary, while holding the switch closed, making contact with either the upper or lower pair of pins.
On ours there are red and white wires on the upper and lower pins But they are on opposite corners. This is done to reverse the polarity to the use/store relay. On ours the red wires go to the 5 amp fuse holder which is connected to the house battery side of the relay. The white wires go to a ground buss near the water heater. You should have 12 volts between any red and white wire if yours are that color. On ours the red and white wires have a splice under the area of the two drawers, this is under the stove in ours. The red is also spliced at the fuse holder. A more likely failure point is the white wire on the ground buss and a loose screw.

Hope this will help some. The wires are also taped up with other wires that run behind all the drawers.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum