Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #29
scrubjaysnest

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
Quote:
Originally Posted by billburt View Post
Scrub
When I originally checked the pins on the use/store switch there was no power to any of the pins except the center ones that I mentioned. I never rechecked after I replaced the fuse because the relay was still not working. I just checked the switch again. Both Red pins have 12 volts and both white pins show continuity to ground. Still no relay clicking. I put a piece of tape on the switch to hold it in store position for a few seconds while I gently massaged the disconnect relay with a rubber mallet. removed the tape and actuated the switch in both positions and got a relay click every time, But not as loud as I thought it should be. Both with the switch in the store and the use position I still get 12 volts to the coach power panel. It doesn't appear that the relay is actually disconnecting the batteries from the coach.

Actually a double click when operating the switch. click when I press the switch and click again when I release the switch
As the "geek" said should only be a single click from the relay.
When you place the switch in the store position do you get 12 volts and ground to the yellow_yellow/blk pair. It may be easier to connect your meter at the relay coil terminals and the ground buss. Once the switch is released there should be no voltage or ground on the relay coil terminals.
If you get voltage and ground at the relay coil terminals when the switch is placed in store and if a light tap on the relay causes the coach power to then disconnect the relay is most likely the problem.

I'm really thinking about relocating ours after we get back from AZ sometime in Jan 2017.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum