Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM   #1
tmikea

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24FS
State: Georgia
THOR #5981
RV 12V system works on generator & AC but not 12V RV Batteries

My RV's 12V system works on generator & AC but not 12V RV Batteries.

The Intellitec Battery Relay (Solenoid) has to large and two small posts.
The two large posts: one has a 12V + wire that goes to the RV batteries and the other 12V + wire goes to the Power Converter. It also has two smaller leads that are wired to the RC "use/store" switch.

When the RV is running on Generator or Shore docked on A/C, the Solenoid lead that goes to the battery reads 12.6V....as does the other lead that goes to the Converter.

When the RV is running only 12V battery, the lead that goes from the solenoid to the Power Converter has NO voltage. The lead to the Battery reads 12.6V.

I'm cautiously believing that the Intellitec Battery Relay is bad.

Is this a correct analysis.

PS: Both RV batteries test at 12.6V (in parallel). Cooper Bussmann 25450 Circuit Breaker not tripped and I get 12.6 from both posts.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum