Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 12:37 AM   #16
nmcmilla

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
My entertainment objective...

...while recently traveling during hockey season, was to stream my local games live from my home TV (using Slingbox) to my RV (Gemini 23TR).
My RV set up currently includes: a Unite Explore hotspot; a cellular data plan; a windows laptop with an HDMI port, and a HDMI cable long enough to reach my HDMI splitter above my fridge.
Over a 3 week period (7 games), while camped in mostly good reception campgrounds, I watched these online, on my RV TV, just like I would at home (all but one game where I was reduced to listening to it via the campground Wi-Fi and an internet sports channel;-). I used up 7 GB (about $12/GB through Roam Mobility) of data while trying to stream on low def --so to maximize my viewing time vs picture quality.
Based on comments here I need to check out the miracast device. I was also thinking to add a MiFi antenna.
The local team is not play off bound so these additions can wait till the 2017-2018 season;-) Nancy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum