Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Satellite
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 05:21 PM   #5
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I have Direct TV. I'm not understanding why the cable has to go through the window....why doesn't the connector on back of MH work?
The connector on the back of the MH goes to a switch box for distribution... The satellite system requires a direct connection between the satellite and the receiver (there can be connectors - but no splitters/switches).

I would expect you can use the connection on the outside IF you disconnect its input to the switch box and use that to feed the satellite receiver.. (Assumes no splitters between entry and switch box - and assumes a good cable the length of that run... The latter isn't true for my rig - so I need to run another cable...)

Certainly can do something more permanent than 'thru the window' if desired - but it works.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum