Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #8
SpadGuy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28Z
State: Colorado
THOR #6386
Quote:
Originally Posted by crenaissanceman View Post
thank you for your comments. As a 2018 freedom elite FE30 owner, I think we purchased the right RV for our needs. Although after some really detailed digging (after we got the unit home), I have found some "really questionable" assembly items / (construction quality). I am hoping that the fundamental / cosmetic items will not lead to any long term problems.
Thank you "crenaissanceman" and to all others who responded. It was as I suspected, there are cosmetic differences, but not huge ones. So far, we are pleased with the Freedom Elite, but the craftsmanship (or lack of same!) makes me wonder.

The sofa came loose from its moorings so I elected to drill holes through the floor and installed bolts with nuts to replace the screws into the floor that did not hold. That fixed that problem. There are quite a few other trim items that are suspect, but we are dealing with them as the need arises. We have partitioned the storage spaces beneath the dinette seats and the sofa to keep things in place. That helped a lot. I posted earlier to show what I did with my humongous storage bay in the rear of my 28Z and that also made it much more workable.

Safe travels to all,

SGuy

USAF Retired
2013 Freedom Elite 28Z
Ford E-450
SpadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum