Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 02:28 PM   #27
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
Dang....thought I had this generator issue fixed with running the Sea Foam through it. Nope!

On travel days when it is hot, which is about every day this summer out west, we run the generator when we stop for breaks. I will shut down the engine and start the generator to run the airs. We may take anywhere from a 10 minute break to a 30 minute break. Generator runs great. When pulling into a CG I start it when we go into the office to register so the coach starts to cool before going to our site and hooking up. On days when the temps are 90 and below it runs okay. On days when the temps are 93 or 94 and above it may run for 10 minutes but then shuts down when we are checking in at the CG.

Now I am back to thinking it has to be a heat issue or air vent issue. Of course I still get the "36" code so that is no help.
Sounds like you have an overheat issue. There have been others in this and other forums who have reported similar issues both with the RV stationary and moving. There is a lot of heat in the engine, catalytic converter and exhaust system trapped under the RV. It may that under the right conditions, this overheats your generator, causing the shutdown.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum