Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #3
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Ok, I have a Vegas on order, but am really afraid that it's too tight for the two of us and our two standard poodles and am wondering if I should jump to an ace 30.3 or Windsport 31s, which will have far more room with the living room slide.

I'm just not sure if the jump from 27' to 32' is too much for a first RV.

In either case I will tow a jeep. How much harder to handle is the extra 5' for a first time RVer?
You will never notice the difference. Driving a large RV for the first time can be intimidating. Take your time, watch your turns, and just give yourself so time to get used to it. After a while it gets to be second nature, just like driving a car except bigger. Always have a spotter on the outside to help you park, running in to something can get expensive. I've seen lots of 70+ "little old ladies" driving 40-45' DP's without any problems, you can do it too!

Yes the Vegas might be a little cramped, especially with two large dogs.

Enjoy yourself and have fun!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum