Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Jack Pads
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #3
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Bare metal jack pads can crack concrete and indent asphalt on a hot day. Some RV parks require pads for leveling jacks.

I also balked at the price of SnapPads. So I went to my local tractor supply and bought small stall mat for $20 on sale ($25 normal price). I cut four 12" diameter circles out of it with a jigsaw, used some 1/2" plywood I had laying around and did the same thing. Cut a circle out of the center of the plywood circles that would clear the jack cylinders and bolts at the top of the travel, added s slot so I could slide the plywood in place. Painted the plywood black, and used four 1/4" stainless carriage bolts per pad with fender washers and nylock nuts on the plywood side (Round carriage bolt heads on the bottom of the rubber pads) and snugged it up. Now I have 4 rubber tennis shoes on my leveling jacks for a whole lot less than SnapPad wanted.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum