Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #37
vah5708

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Maryland
THOR #6327
Well a lot has happened since we got delivery of our coach. The front driver's side jack had to be replaced because it leaked and dumped fluid. The radio stopped working and that got replaced too. This was a week after delivery. Beckley's repaired everything. Fortunately we did not have any big trips planned till Aug 6th so no big deal. We took it in stride because I had given my retirement notice and was completing my last 3 weeks. Yesterday we drove 330 miles from Ellicott City to Bath NY area with 1 stop and a fill up in Bath before getting to the Camp Site. Average consumption was 9.2mpg and traveling @55mph average. The coach pulled like a champ over Tioga pass and the water and oil temp needles did not move. We were not towing and only had 3/4 full fresh water tanks. Handling was not too bad considering I'm daily driver is a VW GTI. Somewhat loaded, it handled much better than when lightly loaded and behaved better when 18 wheelers blew by us. After this trip will do the alignment and CHF and get the Tow dolly. I installed the Progressive Industries 50A protector. 6AWG wire is very difficult to work with and it was installed under the bed where the ATS and Inverter is located. It was not an easy task but its done. I was not too impressed by the electrical work done at the factory. An extra 30 minutes spent here would make the installation look more professional. Have a few minor issues like peeling wood covering of the toilet door, overhead bunk dropping down on the passenger side when the pin popped out due to movement as we travelled. That's fixed now thanks to a thread posted in the Thor Forum. Other small items were brain farts on my part. Thor Customer service and Beckley's have been great and prompt to help us. So far we are very happy and looking fwd to more trips now that I have more time to do so.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum