Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Vegas finish
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:52 PM   #11
captrandy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #8654
David & Roy,

Thanks to both of you for your posts. I too own a 2016 Thor Axis with the same inferior finish. I contacted Thor about this problem and included pictures of the RV. The response was disappointing to say the least. I will copy their reply here:

Good afternoon!

Dexter is declining as the age of vehicle past their 2 yr. warranty. We supplied Dexter with the panel that goes into the door so the door and the walls will be identical. That panel is no longer available to us (it’s become obsolete). It’s possible that the door panel may “come back” if you give it a good buffing/polishing. We’ve seen it make a big difference in the past on some coaches.

We asked if they have any replacements to send out. They said they would not be able to match the color of the unit, as Thor has changed the skins since the build date of this door and we don’t have the previous skins anymore.

I wish there was something else I could do for you. I apologize for not being able to fulfill your request.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Daniel

I relied to they with this:
Daniel,

I am guessing that this Dexter is the company responsible for the finish on my 2016 Axis.

I am very disappointed in the finish on this RV. For being only 2 years old it should still look like a new RV.

I have owned a few RV in my years that were much older than this one, and I have never had a problem with finish. They were an old Mini Winnie, another Winnebago class C. and a 34ft Bounder.

I can see on the Forums that this RV has a reputation of having a bad finish and no one has had any satisfaction dealing with Thor.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...nish-6130.html

One Forum user recommended a product called Poli Glow Products, Inc located in Fort Pierce , FL and said that they were going to try it.

https://poliglow-int.com/

I guess I am in the same boat as they are, so I will look into this product also. The cost of the two part kit is approx. $70, so worth a try.

If there is any reason Thor does not recommend using a product like this, I would appreciate them letting me know ASAP.

Thank you for responding to my questions, but very disappointed in the answer.

Capt. Randy Smith
2016 Thor Axis 24.1

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum