Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Toilet Trouble
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 03:11 PM   #34
sage

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
We have a similar issue with our mid-coach black tank. We found that by adding some Calgon to the tank when adding the chemical pack, it helps make the inside of the tank slippery. Adding Calgon every 10 flushes or so seems to help keep the tank a little better than the usual pile at the base of the toilet without. For the stubborn messes, we have resorted to a coat hanger to break it up and then dump ice cubes into the toilet so the mass will flow downhill. That trick also helps when about to drive any kind of distance, the ice cubes will slosh around and break up some of the mess.
Someone told me years ago when I had my first MH that you should always dump ice cubes down the toilet and fill the black tank with them when you've been at one campsite for an extended period of time. The logic was two fold: the cold will cause any mess that's accumulated in the tank to become more rigid and thus breakup easier and 2) the melt water will then wash the mess to the low point in the tank.

Of course you want to dump your tanks as soon as you arrive at your stopping point for that night. It's always worked for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum