Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 09:58 PM   #14
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
......cut..... Sometimes I'll not even hook up at the campground, but usually I'll at least do electric for the AC.... but often not water and just use the onboard system.. fast and easy to unplug, hit a button to retract the awning, press the other buttons to retract the slides....and off we go for a jaunt into town. No big deal.... .....cut......

I like that, and do similar occassionally.

Over the years I've observed that it takes just as much time to hook-up or un-hook a toad from a motorhome as it does to hook-up or un-hook a compact motorhome from a campsite. From my perspective, unless I was going to take multiple toad trips per campground stay, I'm not going to gain much time by dragging a toad along.

As you said, it comes down to how you travel, and also whether the motorhome is so large that it restricts access to certain places. To me that's key.

We are more travelers than campers, and rarely stay in one campground more than a day or two. Whenever we've needed to go into town for groceries, resteurants, entertainment, etc., we've unhooked and driven the RV (up to 30-foot Class C).

I've towed flat, on dolly, and trailer before (not behind RV though), and can't imagine wanting to do it as part of RVing. I may change my mind down the road as we become older, but for now I really like traveling as nimble as possible.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum