Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #30
mtntrek

Brand: DRV
Model: ES 38RSSA
State: Montana
THOR #5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
B&W is VERY conservative with their ratings. Anyone can rate their products to anything they want. Andersen had to re engineer their Aluminum Ultimate because they were folding under hard braking. Still, look at their hitch and look at the B&W there is really no way the Andersen can handle the same loads but they have "rated" them to do so.
Agreed.
Now granted I've never pulled with a AU. It is hard for me to believe they can live up to all the testimony especially on all but the lighter trailers. The design and adapters etc. might lend themselves to weekend warriors but they'd never make me feel warm and fuzzy.
I don't buy into any of the turn over ball adapters that would use any of the truck bed for support. The bed if even touching should be shimmed only and be sandwiched with positive frame mounted hardware. But to each their own.
Be well.
DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali 3500HD-Max 4x, CC, 8' DRW
EZGo-TXT, Yamaha-G22E, CC Precedent
mtntrek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum