Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 09:58 PM   #10
M&M_MURPHYS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
Same issue here with door

We have the same issue with our door (2017 Quantum) - depending on the weather and humidity, the door sometimes gets stuck in the closed position and seems locked sometimes when trying to open the unlocked door from the inside.

If we go around and open the door from the outside of the rig it opens fine. Our door has also popped opened a few times on its own after we leave the rig and closed the door.

In our case the door does not seem to always seat completely and close snugly with a normal push. When this condition happens, the door does catch / latch even when it is not fully and snugly closed up. And the door handle lock can then be locked but not the dead bolt. To lock the dead bolt we have to sometimes close the door very forcefully to get the door to fully seat / close so the dead bolt lines up for locking.

We have this on our warranty punch list waiting to see what happens (rig at dealer now). I do not see where there is any adjustment ability in the design but I hope I am wrong and the tech will make an adjustment of some sort to make it work correctly

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum