Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #19
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego travelers View Post
I’ve been reading this forum for three months, and keeping a list of all the problems so that we would be prepared.

The conclusion that we have come to is that Thor does not have adequate quality control, buyers should expect multiple problems, and poor customer service.

If only I would have read twenty happy customer stories in three months...

We will buy Travel Leisure Van.
When I read a post like this I can guarantee you that the author has zero experience owning and maintaining an RV. I am not making that statement to be disrespectful to San Diego Travelers, I just remember my attitude a few years ago when we began our research prior to purchasing our first RV.

I don't care if you spend $20,000 or you spend $1,000,000 you take a chance on things going wrong. I paid $27,000 for my first used fiver and it was almost 100% trouble free. Paid much more for my first gently used Thor MH and there were only a few small issues. Taking a chance with a new higher end coach now and on that owner's forum there are folks with problems just like on this forum.

It is plain and simple, the RV industry just does not have the same QC as the automobile industry. The quality is not the same nor is the price structure. Once you realize that and deal with it you can sit back and enjoy RVing.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum