Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: California
THOR #5982
Smile Sewer not right

I have a 2016 Chateau 21W. Your connection should line up with hole so you can hook up from underneath. I assume you haven't used it yet? Should be a warranty item. Good luck

Old 08-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #22

State: Michigan
THOR #11113
Enclosed sewer plumbing

OMG!! I thought we were the only ones! My husband fights with that every time!! We have a 2018 31w four winds same thing but yours looks much worse!! We haven’t done anything yet but are planning to take it back for repair
Old 08-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #23
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
Sorry for your misfortune but this is the kinda stuff that makes me absolutely crazy. I would be nice to go back to the Thor factory and get the plant manager and ask him if this is the kind of work his employees turn out on a regular basis.. Everyone involved in the process of quality control should be fired.
Of course it is. I purchased my ACE used and had to move the hole to be able to connect my hose properly. They probably get it wrong more often than they get it right.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #24

State: Ohio
THOR #8515
plumbing

I have the same issue on my thor challenger 37yt. the black tank drain is off set from hole. I ended up using 2 45 degree elbows and it helps. I have looked at other challengers and they are all the same , no quality control.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #25

State: Michigan
THOR #11113
Enclosed sewer plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
True but I was redoing it anyway. I got a small sheet of the same material on Amazon and patched the holes with it. Looks good.

This puppy really helps my back and knees.
I would like to know what type of material you got off of Amazon to make that neat repair job.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #26

Model: four winds 31W
State: Virginia
THOR #9584
Send a message via Yahoo to caution
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
My Four Winds 31W had the same issue. Easily solved with a larger pass through in the floor. As a temporary fix I removed the original pass through and dremeled the opening enough to fit a coupler since we wanted to use the rig before the dealer could fix.
I have a 2018 31W also and had the same problem. New to RVing I tried to use the sewer pipe coming through the outer door instead of through the screw out panel. NOT GOOD. Finally fixed myself with a dremel tool opening the screw out panel just enough to hook up sewer pipe. Perfect! and the screw out panel still screws in just fine.