Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2016, 06:01 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegolfgirl View Post
There isnt enough room to write all the issues I have had with them. Major things went wrong and it took days for them to repair. At one point they had my unit for a month and still didnt fix everything. They blame it all on Thor. If you can get your unit some place else do it. But from what I am told there are no great dealers out there.
This has been a major pet peev with me since buying rvs, they take your unit knowing it will be weeks before they get to it. I NEVER leave my unit unless there is no other way to fix it. My Ace has not been to a dealer since I bought it. I fixed everything my self. Like I said if you know a good mobile RV guy, hook up with him. Thor will work with him because they know the dealers suck ESPECIALLY CAMPING world.

Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:54 PM   #62
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegolfgirl View Post
There isnt enough room to write all the issues I have had with them. Major things went wrong and it took days for them to repair. At one point they had my unit for a month and still didnt fix everything. They blame it all on Thor. If you can get your unit some place else do it. But from what I am told there are no great dealers out there.
There are good dealers out there, the problem is you may not want to buy at their selling price. My dealer for instance is open on Saturday's for drop off and pick up only. We needed our radio replaced (second time) and they had a technician standing by this past Saturday. We arrived at 8:45 am they opened at 9:00 and we were headed home with the new radio at 10:30. That included the tech doing a test drive after the radio installation to ensure the radio did not cut out on us again.

There are good dealers and service departments but generally speaking they are not the dealers offering the lowest price on the coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #63

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
There are good dealers out there, the problem is you may not want to buy at their selling price. My dealer for instance is open on Saturday's for drop off and pick up only. We needed our radio replaced (second time) and they had a technician standing by this past Saturday. We arrived at 8:45 am they opened at 9:00 and we were headed home with the new radio at 10:30. That included the tech doing a test drive after the radio installation to ensure the radio did not cut out on us again.

There are good dealers and service departments but generally speaking they are not the dealers offering the lowest price on the coach.
Do far I have had good service at Bretz RV in Billings MT. They are also in Boise Idaho and Missoula Mt. You do need to make an appointment with the warranty people there for warranty work. Make an appointment with the service department for service.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:54 PM   #64

Model: 34.2 miramar
State: Florida
THOR #3693
What a silly thing to say if a Coach has a door it should work if a Coach has a toilet it should work regardless of what it has it should work absolutely nothing to do with the price tag
Old 06-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #65

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Who's Worse, CW or THOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
I completely agree with your assessment of Camping Crapworld. Worst experience I have EVER had buying an RV and I have purchased 7 new ones over the years. Thor on the other hand has been one of the best I have dealt with, the only other one better is Heartland. If you are wanting to get the Thor factory to work on your unit that most likely won't happen unless you have some serious issues the dealer can not work on. I don't know what issues you are having but I would suggest looking for another Thor dealer outside of the camping crap world. They should honor your warranty. Thor is good about sending parts if you intend to do your own repairs or sending parts if you decide to hire an independent repairman and have heard many say Thor paid their fees.

My unit isn't perfect and none are but at least I have had good luck with them. Rv's require constant care and some of this could be curtailed by the factory doing a better job, but it is all about the profit. I suggest finding a different dealer to work on your coach. Good luck, and a side note, if you trade now you will take as a** whippin on price.
I disagree about THOR. I understand your frustrations with CW. Fortunately for me, our local CW Sales Manager never called me to give me their price on the THOR I eventually bought. I wish I had figured THOR out before I wasted $100K buying the POS I ended up with.

CW was easy to spot as a fly by night operation, but my experience with manufacturers is that the fish rots from the head. You are blaming CW for THOR issues, in my opinion, because I have the same issues, without CW.

It drives me crazy when people write on here that THOR has great warranty service. Believe me, if you REALLY needed warranty service from THOR you wouldn't be praising it. Cheap fixes are no problem. I have owned a unusable coach for 9 months, while THOR has promised much, and delivered NOTHING!

It's not just CW, it's an industry wide no service issue, and it's led and directed by the biggest name in the business, which is THOR. It also begins in the THOR manufacturing plants, which have no QA at all. Everything built is shipped out the door for the dealer, and eventually the customer, to have to deal with. The condition my coach was in, and the work it needed, was unconscionable. Getting them to fix it has been 9 months of continual frustration.

Just like pleasure boating, golf, and snow skiing, RV manufacturers and dealers are killing their golden goose, with poor products, service, and high prices.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #66

State: Massachusetts
THOR #6129
I have a 2016 ACE 29.3 bought from Camping World. Had a great summer in it however several little issues kept popping up. 3 weeks after delivery I emailed my salesman and reported a roof leak. Never got a response. Dealt with the leak thru the camping season and now Thor will not warranty the leak. They will warranty several other little issues but tell me the "sealants are the responsibility of the owner after 90 days" so apparently they can't find a sealant that lasts longer than 90 days. My several other little punch list things I consider typical for a manufactured product. Just very disappointed in Thor for something that seems pretty straight forward.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:47 PM   #67

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pack View Post
Does anyone have this model? I would be interested in opinions,good,bad,ugly.How about Thor in general, I've heard good and bad things, but I think that's going to be the case with any manufacturer. Thanks for any replies.
Funny how you get comments from people who don't own a 29.3, and know nothing about them...yet they bad mouth one or Thor in general.

We have a 2016 and have had a lot of little issues that were fixed under warranty and presently have no issues. We like it but wish it was three feet longer. Two dogs and my wife.. and we have an outdoor kitchen and still seem to have enough storage but yes, the outdoor kitchen takes up a lot of space. I do with the bathroom was a little bigger, and really wish the black water tank was a lot bigger.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #68

Model: Thor Aria 3401
State: Arkansas
THOR #14471
Bought from the notorious Camping World, they so far haven't been that notorious. My only complaint is they need a better location in Columbia, SC. Bought a Thor ACE 2018 29.3 still on the lot and they are in the process of fixing initial walk through issues found on purchase. Fixed a couple little things myself. Love the floor plan and the full slide gives great room. On first outing in it since purchase and makes my Thor Axis seem so small. Driving at 70 on cruise control down the highway did not present any issues, it was windy and a few times felt it and it was not overwhelming. Might convert the outside kitchen to storage as I don't know yet but so far so good. Hopefully my experience will continue to be positive as with my previous Thor Axis.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #69

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Alaska
THOR #6077
We bought our 2017 29.3 in October 2016 and have used it nearly 150 nights since including two two month trips from GA to CA and back and am sitting outside it right now in FL. We love the floorplan with the dinette on the "lake" side and the big windows. We downsized from a 5th wheel and getting rid of stuff one never used was a joy. I love the outdoor kitchen (would have ordered it without) now that we have it. Plenty of space for the two of us and dog. Had some small issue but learned a long time ago to learn how to fix things on my own. The 30 foot length makes it easy to drive and camp in small public campgrounds.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:54 PM   #70

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturescott49 View Post
We bought our 2017 29.3 in October 2016 and have used it nearly 150 nights since including two two month trips from GA to CA and back and am sitting outside it right now in FL. We love the floorplan with the dinette on the "lake" side and the big windows. We downsized from a 5th wheel and getting rid of stuff one never used was a joy. I love the outdoor kitchen (would have ordered it without) now that we have it. Plenty of space for the two of us and dog. Had some small issue but learned a long time ago to learn how to fix things on my own. The 30 foot length makes it easy to drive and camp in small public campgrounds.
Good to hear! We bought ours in March of 2015. At the time there werent too many available. Love ours and have made a ton of mods. We will be on the road for 7 months starting at the end of the year. I agree that the 30' is a perfect length since we like to camp a lot of state parks.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #71

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
A quick question: the inverter in the 29.3 is primarily to supply power to the fridge in the outside kitchen. But is the inverter wired to any of the house outlets or is it just the outside fridge?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #72

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
A quick question: the inverter in the 29.3 is primarily to supply power to the fridge in the outside kitchen. But is the inverter wired to any of the house outlets or is it just the outside fridge?
Should be wired at least to the tv in living room but I think the bedroom also. In the living room the outlet right behind the tv
Old 02-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #73

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
On my hurricene it power 3 outlets. Outside kitchen, livibg room tv, and an outlet on the dash work station

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:07 PM   #74

THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
On my hurricene it power 3 outlets. Outside kitchen, livibg room tv, and an outlet on the dash work station

Jerry
Yeah, the one up front makes perfect sense but on my 2015 they didnt include that one Maybe they figured it out that it is a pretty useful plug to power.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:18 AM   #75

State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Pack View Post
Thanks for the reply. I was surprised this floorplan wasn't mentioned on this site, I thought it might be new. I ordered one without the outside kitchen, so hopefully it will give me more storage.

I did the same thing on our 29.3 (2017) and have no regrets not having the outside kitchen. All I need outside is a grill outside to cook. Easy to do. I was surprised that they still put the gas connection for the grill back by the kitchen with the kitchen deleted.

Oh, one thing I did not think of was that without the outside kitchen, there is no inverter. That is used to power the outside fridge (plus other outlets inside). I need to add an inverter yet.

Good move deleting the kitchen. You will have almost double the storage space.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 02:12 AM   #76

State: North Carolina
THOR #26661
Info on fireplace under dinette

[QUOTE=Brown Ace;25426]We also bought our ACE 29.2 from Camping World in Chattanooga. Size is great for us (don't need the bunk beds). Our unit was very well prepped and we have not had any issues. We added doors to access under the dinette and a electric fireplace under the dinette to enjoy in the evenings. RV's or boats, they both are more useful with a handyman owner for minor repairs and improvements. (ps: we got a terrific deal from Camping World)[/QUOTE

Do you have information regarding the model and brand of the fireplace? Thanks
Old 04-28-2022, 01:33 PM   #77

THOR #1620
[QUOTE=Vicky-Rose;344135]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Ace View Post
We also bought our ACE 29.2 from Camping World in Chattanooga. Size is great for us (don't need the bunk beds). Our unit was very well prepped and we have not had any issues. We added doors to access under the dinette and a electric fireplace under the dinette to enjoy in the evenings. RV's or boats, they both are more useful with a handyman owner for minor repairs and improvements. (ps: we got a terrific deal from Camping World)[/QUOTE

Do you have information regarding the model and brand of the fireplace? Thanks
Dont know which one he got but here is a decent one https://www.recpro.com/appliances/fi...xoCwZ8QAvD_BwE
Old 04-28-2022, 01:55 PM   #78

THOR #26661
[QUOTE=thor293;344198]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky-Rose View Post
Dont know which one he got but here is a decent one https://www.recpro.com/appliances/fi...xoCwZ8QAvD_BwE
We do have one in the rv that is working but we wanted to find information about it to give proper maintenance if needed. The link didn't work but I will go straight to the site to look. Thanks
Old 04-28-2022, 08:25 PM   #79

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #25900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennf View Post
Did your local dealer babe them in stock Pappydude or did you have to order it? I'm looking for a local dealer who has them so I can look at them. I don't want to order one from a website sight unseen
Maybe La Mesa RV. Check their website or head over to the lot. We went there and nobody approached us which was nice. Was able to look around without being harassed.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:06 PM   #80

THOR #26661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrick View Post
Maybe La Mesa RV. Check their website or head over to the lot. We went there and nobody approached us which was nice. Was able to look around without being harassed.
Thanks for the information. Ours work fine. We are just looking for the manual. Perhaps we will look on the back of fireplace to find specific information.