Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2017, 01:53 AM   #41
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Interior is as beautiful as the exterior. Love the glazed cabinets and hardware.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #42

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #6451
The plan is to bring it home Saturday after we spend the night in it Friday at the dealership. I will park it in the driveway so we can load all of our stuff in it. We sold our travel trailer back in March and I was shocked how much stuff we had packed in the trailer. My house it pilled up with stuff. A lot of the stuff will not be going back in the new Motorhome but it will take some time to get everything organized. While I have it at home, I will take pictures so if anyone wants any specific picture taken, let me know by Saturday morning. Sunday I plan to take it 5 miles down the road to our new storage facility. A brand new place just opened in April and they have 26 units. They are fully garaged units that are 50' deep, 14' high and 15' wide. The Miramar will live it's live indoors except when in use.

Burch
Old 06-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #43

THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Interior is as beautiful as the exterior. Love the glazed cabinets and hardware.
We could have gotten a better deal on a 2017 they had on the lot but it had the dark cabinets inside. They wife likes the light cabinets as the dark cabinets made the inside look very dark. I am glad we passed on the 2017 as the new features on the 2018 look very nice. The King bed is now a full length bed (80" vs 76") because it comes with the tilt-a-bed feature where you can tilt the back of the bed up. Now this gives the bedroom slide room to close with the full size bed.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #44

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #4609
It would be great to see pictures of all the new features of the 2018 vs the 2017.

Thanks for taking the time to show us your new RV. Hope to have one in the future.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:27 PM   #45
Kev

THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgator View Post
We could have gotten a better deal on a 2017 they had on the lot but it had the dark cabinets inside. They wife likes the light cabinets as the dark cabinets made the inside look very dark. I am glad we passed on the 2017 as the new features on the 2018 look very nice. The King bed is now a full length bed (80" vs 76") because it comes with the tilt-a-bed feature where you can tilt the back of the bed up. Now this gives the bedroom slide room to close with the full size bed.
Agree totally on the dark cabinets it makes the inside look too dark. We also passed up on one with the dark cabinets.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #46

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
THOR #7085
Can't wait to see more fotos, and thank you SO very much for offering to do this! We went with the mid color cabinets and dark upholstery..3 dogs will do that!!
could you please take shots of the bed in both positions? under the cooktop, is there a rollout, or just a shelf? I was originally told it would be 2 drawers,not the door and drawer configuration. I'm interested in hearing your impression of the new dash/console. Does it have GPS and a touch screen? Could you please tell us model number of the radio/system?
Have a GREAT time this weekend, and we'll eagerly await your impressions!!

Michael
Old 06-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #47

Model: Outlaw 37RB
State: Washington
THOR #7789
Would definitely be interesting to hear about the differences with the new 10" console/touchscreen unit.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #48

THOR #6451
We have the Miramar 35.3 home. We are really excited and can't wait to do a shake down trip next weekend. Overall I am very happy with the coach. I know Thor gets a bad rap but I am pleased with the fit-in-finish of the coach. We were going to purchase a Newmar Baystar 3403 and had been looking at the Newmars for years but then fell in love with the Miramar 35.3. I think the quality of the Miramar is on par with the Newmar. I know people will disagree with me but I have walked through dozens of Newmar Baystars and they are very nice but so is the Miramar. Just my opinion.

We spent the night in the coach on Friday night to test everything. Here were the issues we found

Tilit-a-bed didn't work. This is one of the new features for the 2018s. Ended up being a fuse and is now working properly.

Shower door leaks at the bottom. There is a track that the door slides on that is attached to the bottom of the shower. A little water was leaking underneath the track onto the floor. A bead of clear silicon fixed that problem.

On one of the outside slides, the rubber trim was pealing back. This was fixed before we left the dealer.

The major issue was the generator. The 2018s have the new Multi-Plex controls and the generator won't start from inside he coach. If I go the generator and unplug the control cable, the gen will run fine and power the coach. The dealer is working with Thor to figure out what is wrong.

The last issue I didn't find until we got home. We we were driving the coach home, I noticed the new 10' dash radio/navigation system wasn't working. I couldn't turn it on. When we got home, I couldn't get the slides to work or the interior lights to come on. I grabbed a 15amp to 50amp dogbone adapter and plugged in. Everything came to life. Dash radio came on, slides and lights worked, etc. Long story short, there is a switch for the battery for "store" or "use". Either the switch is bad or they installed an incorrect switch. It's a rocker type switch that comes back to center once you release it. I could hear a relay click when I pushed it and then heard it again when I released the switch. I had my wife hold the switch to the 'Use" position and everything worked fine on the batteries/inverter. So right now we have the generator problem and the switch problem but neither of these issues will keep us from using the coach.

This is our first Class A and I have never driven an A before (I had rented a couple of class Cs in the past). I had heard how bad these gas motorhomes drive and how loud they were. I was VERY surprised at how quiet the motorhome was. Even accelerating to get on the interstate wasn't overly noisy. When cruising at 65mph I really didn't even notice any engine noise. The ride was also way more pleasant than I was expecting. The coach seemed to have plenty of power. The only issue was the body roll when going around corners. It's probably mostly just me getting used to it but I know there are some suspension modes that can be done to help with this. I had 2 semis come past me on the way home and the push wasn't any worse than when I was pulling my 29' travel trailer.

Here are some pictures. I took some pictures of the 2018 changes along with some other pictures. The tilt-a-bed is now a full size king which is new for 18. The induction stove top is new. I was surprised at home fast it brought a pan of water to boil. The convection oven/microwave is new for 2018. The 10' dash radio and navigation is new for 2018. I took the picture of the nav when it was dark outside so that is why the screen is dimmed/black.

I will have the coach at my house for the new couple of days so let me know if anyone has any specific pictures they want.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #49

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Your coach is absolutely Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your delivery experience, there is going to be a lot of "oh, that's how that works!" We are on our second Thor and couldn't be happier, only a couple of minor teething problems.

Four things you can do for driveability and in the order I would do them. Do the chf (cheap handling fix) it's free, takes an hour or so and makes a huge difference, especially with semi's. Get the front end aligned with the coach loaded like you are going on a trip, full water, fuel, pots and pans, etc. Most coaches are not aligned properly from the factory. Add a steering stabilizer, my first choice is the Safe T Plus, you can go on YouTube, search and see the benefits. Last would be a rear trac bar, stops the "tail from wagging the dog."

If you don't do any of the others, do the chf.

Hope you enjoy many happy and safe miles in your beautiful new coach!!!
Old 06-11-2017, 05:39 PM   #50

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgator View Post
....cut.... The induction stove top is new. I was surprised at home fast it brought a pan of water to boil. ....cut....
It appears the stove top controls are at front of glass, but can't make out what they say. I do see a "+" and "-" which assume controls more or less heat. What are the others?

Very nice coach. I like the floorplan -- appears very functional. The expandable couch is a nice touch.

Hope you get those few things fixed soon. Enjoy!
Old 06-12-2017, 04:38 AM   #51

Model: Outlaw 37RB
State: Washington
THOR #7789
Congratulations on the new coach and thanks much for the information and shots of the dash navigation unit.

BTW, here's what looks like the PDF manual for the AVM111NAVLH if anyone else is interested.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #52

THOR #6451
Well, I was able to resolve the issue with the battery switch. The switch works fine. However, it is wired incorrectly. When it is in the "use" position, it's really in the "store". I put the switch in the "store" position and everything is working as it should. So my only issue is the being able to start the generator from inside. I can start it from outside and it works fine.

Last night we had burgers for dinner so I thought I would try our portable grill with the RV propane hookup. Here are a couple of pictures.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:40 PM   #53

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Tennessee
THOR #4231
I love the color of the cabinets. What does Thor call that color? Would love to see pics of the fabric colors and the name for those. We are planning to purchase a coach as soon as our home sells. Had decided on a Challenger 37TB until they came out with the new Miramar 37.1 which has several features I prefer to the Challenger. Just trying to weigh all the pros and cons right now.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #54

THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothertype55 View Post
I love the color of the cabinets. What does Thor call that color? Would love to see pics of the fabric colors and the name for those. We are planning to purchase a coach as soon as our home sells. Had decided on a Challenger 37TB until they came out with the new Miramar 37.1 which has several features I prefer to the Challenger. Just trying to weigh all the pros and cons right now.
The full body paint color is called Crystal Springs and the interior color is rip tide. They have the colors shown on the Thor website.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #55

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
THOR #7085
what did you use to attach the grill to the coach? Is there something that converts from propane tank(green canister) to quick release valve?

We ordered the Falcon Crest interior with the dark leatherette. Thinkin' with 3 Border Collies that would be a good choice...ha!!
Old 06-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #56
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzees View Post
what did you use to attach the grill to the coach? Is there something that converts from propane tank(green canister) to quick release valve?

We ordered the Falcon Crest interior with the dark leatherette. Thinkin' with 3 Border Collies that would be a good choice...ha!!
This is what you need for your grill:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57274-Control-Valve-Connect/dp/B0024E62CU/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID= C1MVVQZT03HPEEZ1K5Y7

assuming it will fit. This allows you to connect your high pressure grill to the regulated, low pressure propane system in your RV.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #57

THOR #6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzees View Post

The grill came with the 10' hose. This particular grill (Coleman Voyager) doesn't come with a regulator. From my understanding, you don't want to use a regulator with the RV propane hookup because it is a slow release hookup. I did buy the optional regular for the grill so you can use the propane canisters if not using the grill with the motorhome. This grill is marketed to be compatible with RV propane hookups.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:26 PM   #58
Kev

THOR #3918
Just went down to the dealer to see my new coach that just came in and noticed the tv's are now Axxera and not Seiki. Does anyone know if these Axxera tv's have quam tuners? I replaced all the Seiki tv's in the Vegas and woul like to know if I have to replace these.
Thanks
Old 06-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #59

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Just went down to the dealer to see my new coach that just came in and noticed the tv's are now Axxera and not Seiki. Does anyone know if these Axxera tv's have quam tuners? I replaced all the Seiki tv's in the Vegas and woul like to know if I have to replace these.
Thanks
You can try but I don't believe they have the tuner.