Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 24F
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 8
THOR #8921
Axxera Radio

New Four Winds, I am having trouble with the Radio/Backup mirror. It works fine as long as I have the power switch on the panel on, however if I am just driving local without the rear power switch on I cannot turn on the radio or use the backup mirror. Has anyone had this problem?
__________________

__________________
Murphy217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 2,880
THOR #7035
Yes, that's the way it is wired. USE/STORE switch has to be in USE.
__________________

__________________
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
Posts: 769
THOR #4158
You may need to push the Mode button in for 2 seconds and normally that gets you back to the radio, push button again if you want radio and camera
__________________
Jerry and Debbie
2015. Hurricane 32N /Kia Soul toad
Retired
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 24F
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 8
THOR #8921
TY for your quick response. Hmm, so the power always needs to be on when driving? Do you know anything about the slide? The other day I had a problem retracting, no power at all. I had to turn on generator to activate the switch.
__________________
Murphy217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,125
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy217 View Post
TY for your quick response. Hmm, so the power always needs to be on when driving? Do you know anything about the slide? The other day I had a problem retracting, no power at all. I had to turn on generator to activate the switch.
That also could be the use/store switch: In store the slide won't have 12V to move but when you turn on the genny the converter provides 12V power.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
Posts: 769
THOR #4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy217 View Post
TY for your quick response. Hmm, so the power always needs to be on when driving? Do you know anything about the slide? The other day I had a problem retracting, no power at all. I had to turn on generator to activate the switch.
Before I move the slide I make sure I'm plugged into shore power or genny running. I have full wall slide and it takes some power for sure
__________________
Jerry and Debbie
2015. Hurricane 32N /Kia Soul toad
Retired
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #7
Kev
Senior Member
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
Posts: 738
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy217 View Post
New Four Winds, I am having trouble with the Radio/Backup mirror. It works fine as long as I have the power switch on the panel on, however if I am just driving local without the rear power switch on I cannot turn on the radio or use the backup mirror. Has anyone had this problem?
My Axxera just died on my 2018 Windsport. The dealer is waiting for a new replacement from Thor. My radio started turning off on its own, and a few other crazy things before it finally just stopped powering up at all.

Kev
__________________
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 179
THOR #6877
Axxerra Rear speakers

Has anyone hooked up the other two speaker channels on the Axxerra? If so, were they wired in the harness and where are they terminated (I have a new Vegas 24.1 2018 and would like to add the additional two speakers somewhere.
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:50 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
Posts: 769
THOR #4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
My Axxera just died on my 2018 Windsport. The dealer is waiting for a new replacement from Thor. My radio started turning off on its own, and a few other crazy things before it finally just stopped powering up at all.

Kev
Wow Kev, good thing it's under warranty but sucks that you now wait for new one. Are you going to make the rally in November?? Jerry
__________________
Jerry and Debbie
2015. Hurricane 32N /Kia Soul toad
Retired
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 2,880
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Has anyone hooked up the other two speaker channels on the Axxerra? If so, were they wired in the harness and where are they terminated (I have a new Vegas 24.1 2018 and would like to add the additional two speakers somewhere.

I did in my 2016 ACE. They don't pass through the connector to the MH harness so I just tapped into them on the radio side. I looked in the manual to see which color wires went to what.
__________________
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 11,164
THOR #8860
Question: Have these radios developed a reputation as a known source of trouble?
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
FMCA Member F473304

Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Former coach: Thor Outlaw 29-H
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Y
State: Minnesota
Posts: 4
THOR #8487
Axxera Radio

I purchased a 2018 Chateau 31Y in June and didn't even get it off the lot before the Axxera AVM70LH started to get glitchy. Dealer put a new one a week later and it worked for about 50 miles and then died. Dealer ordered a third one, but discovered it was (I think) the 2 amp fuse before replacing again.

I really don't like when you use your turn signals and it coverts to the camera you lose your audio! Any fix?
__________________
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurrican 29M
State: Colorado
Posts: 18
THOR #9124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post
I purchased a 2018 Chateau 31Y in June and didn't even get it off the lot before the Axxera AVM70LH started to get glitchy. Dealer put a new one a week later and it worked for about 50 miles and then died. Dealer ordered a third one, but discovered it was (I think) the 2 amp fuse before replacing again.

I really don't like when you use your turn signals and it coverts to the camera you lose your audio! Any fix?
I have a 2018 Hurricane 29M that had the same problem with turn signals causing audio to be lost. Not only did the radio go silent when turn signals were on it did the same when I shifted into reverse. The other issue I had with the turn signals was that I like to leave the rear camera on when driving so I can see my Jeep. Any time I used the turn signals the monitor would return to the radio screen instead of the camera where I wanted it.

I pulled the radio out from the dash and when I looked at the wiring I found an orange wire labeled "Back View Control". I disconnected that wire and now the cameras work the way I want them to. Shifting to reverse or using the turn signals doesn't automatically switch to camera view and silence the radio but I can manually switch to camera mode and it stays on the camera and switches to the correct side camera when signals are used.
__________________
PeteBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
Posts: 270
THOR #8606
My Axxera radio on my new 2018 Freedom Elite is a piece of junk. Volume knob sometimes works but most times does not. When I took it to C.W. couple weeks ago to get some minor things fixed, the darn thing "was" working. Made a short 3 day camping trip last week, of course, did not work. Ready to put a 9mm bullet through it.
__________________
steve76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurrican 29M
State: Colorado
Posts: 18
THOR #9124
I'll probably be looking for a good replacement eventually but for now I just want to make a few trips without losing sound every time I change lanes.
__________________
PeteBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Mo_Mike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
Posts: 900
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Has anyone hooked up the other two speaker channels on the Axxerra? If so, were they wired in the harness and where are they terminated (I have a new Vegas 24.1 2018 and would like to add the additional two speakers somewhere.
On our 2016, the rear channels are over the couch and front channels are by the dash (25.2)
__________________
Mo_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29h outlaw
State: New Jersey
Posts: 238
THOR #5248
Leave the radio displaying the backup camera. Directionals will not have effect on the volume
__________________
Trkyte@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:24 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurrican 29M
State: Colorado
Posts: 18
THOR #9124
I tried leaving it on the rear camera but the way my hurricane was wired there was no way to force it to stay on camera so the signals would switch it to side camera without audio and then it would return to radio screen instead of rear camera. It took disconnecting the wire that signals the camera switch so I could keep the camera view full time unless I wanted to change it.
__________________
PeteBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Y
State: Minnesota
Posts: 4
THOR #8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBailey View Post
I have a 2018 Hurricane 29M that had the same problem with turn signals causing audio to be lost. Not only did the radio go silent when turn signals were on it did the same when I shifted into reverse. The other issue I had with the turn signals was that I like to leave the rear camera on when driving so I can see my Jeep. Any time I used the turn signals the monitor would return to the radio screen instead of the camera where I wanted it.



I pulled the radio out from the dash and when I looked at the wiring I found an orange wire labeled "Back View Control". I disconnected that wire and now the cameras work the way I want them to. Shifting to reverse or using the turn signals doesn't automatically switch to camera view and silence the radio but I can manually switch to camera mode and it stays on the camera and switches to the correct side camera when signals are used.


Just to be clear then, by disconnecting the orange label "back view control" you are still able to use the back camera in reverse by turning choosing the back up camera on the menu. You lose the automaticity when you put the vehicle into reverse, same for the side view? And audio is not lost?
__________________
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:21 AM   #20
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurrican 29M
State: Colorado
Posts: 18
THOR #9124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post
Just to be clear then, by disconnecting the orange label "back view control" you are still able to use the back camera in reverse by turning choosing the back up camera on the menu. You lose the automaticity when you put the vehicle into reverse, same for the side view? And audio is not lost?
Correct, all you lose is the automatic switch to camera. I prefer to choose when I want to see the camera, especially when the automatic switch means losing audio.
__________________

__________________
PeteBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×