Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2023, 09:50 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
We’ll be at the Big Texan for a night.

Old 04-13-2023, 02:03 AM   #62

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Texas Outdoor Musical is worth seeing if in the Amarillo area

Rattle Snake at Big Texan if you haven't tried it

Traveled in lived in the wide open spaces 50 years, lots of distance between sites
Old 04-16-2023, 06:17 PM   #63

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Leaving in 3 days (4/19) and all booked at campsites from the beach all the way to Moab and back through Dodge City...so far. The 3 most awesome things about this trip are...(1) finally doing it, (2) routing ourselves around the most off the beaten paths with very little interstate usage and most of all...(3) the awesome advice and sharing of all your suggestions and qualified adventures. April has watched me on the forum for a few years.."yea, that's cool"..."glad you're having fun with it", etc. Now...all she can say is "what an awesome bunch of people...I've got to meet them". Now she wants us to sponsor a rally (or simple group camp for a couple days) when we get back and cook BBQ for everyone (ask Mr. Sunshine if this would be worth the trip). Without too much boring detail our routing takes us from the beach across AL, LA, TX up to OKC, then through Amarillo to Roswell & Hatch NM, on to Tombstone, up through outskirts of Phoenix to Sedona area (Jerome and Winslow), then on to Big Bend, North Rim and on into Zion, Bryce, Arches and Moab...then heading back east on a different route. Only 175 miles will be interstates. You folks have given us so many great and weird places that made the "DO NOT MISS" list. Can't wait to share out adventures. For those living along this route...I would go out of the way to just visit for a bit, maybe grab lunch or just "say hi as we drive by". I can promise...April is a true Angel...if you've never met one before, don't miss this opportunity. Please text me or email me with contact info and I'll reach out along the way. My number is 678-428-1684 and the email is "thegritzcarlton@gmail.com". What a wonderful opportunity we have in front of us and what a wonderful, unique family we have here!!! There are no words for our gratitude...!!! For those that have been there and understand this next statement..."I'm gonna drive my motorhome 65 MPH right into Uranus and have a hotdog and some ice cream"! Nasty...but it exist...funniest little town in America!!

Side note: as a result of no slides, we had custom rugs made for Bugsie as she slips and slides a lot on the floors. I used contractor's paper and made precise templates of the floor. Went to HD and bought two colorful rugs and found a carpet guy here that custom cut them to the template and bound the edges. What a huge difference it made in, warmth sound and feel! I'll post pictures.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 06:48 PM   #64

THOR #11130
Bugsie's Rugs

She's loving it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230414_111359.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	41598   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230414_111342.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	41599  

Old 04-16-2023, 07:15 PM   #65

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Sounds like you will be having a great adventure. Good luck and enjoy the sights. We leave in early June for Florida, Virginia, Kentucky plus many more spots between. We have sites set up at the major locations(Florida, Virginia, Kentucky and Illinois). One spot we are hitting on this trip is The Gorge in Rogers Kentucky. We have the Crystal Clear Kayaks reserved to paddle our way through the caverns. We may also head to Branson on our way back to California.

Paul
Old 04-16-2023, 08:01 PM   #66

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The bestestish part of our 24.1 is no slide needed.
Text sent.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 01:37 PM   #67

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Leaving in 3 days (4/19) and all booked at campsites from the beach all the way to Moab and back through Dodge City...so far. The 3 most awesome things about this trip are...(1) finally doing it, (2) routing ourselves around the most off the beaten paths with very little interstate usage and most of all...(3) the awesome advice and sharing of all your suggestions and qualified adventures. April has watched me on the forum for a few years.."yea, that's cool"..."glad you're having fun with it", etc. Now...all she can say is "what an awesome bunch of people...I've got to meet them". Now she wants us to sponsor a rally (or simple group camp for a couple days) when we get back and cook BBQ for everyone (ask Mr. Sunshine if this would be worth the trip). Without too much boring detail our routing takes us from the beach across AL, LA, TX up to OKC, then through Amarillo to Roswell & Hatch NM, on to Tombstone, up through outskirts of Phoenix to Sedona area (Jerome and Winslow), then on to Big Bend, North Rim and on into Zion, Bryce, Arches and Moab...then heading back east on a different route. Only 175 miles will be interstates. You folks have given us so many great and weird places that made the "DO NOT MISS" list. Can't wait to share out adventures. For those living along this route...I would go out of the way to just visit for a bit, maybe grab lunch or just "say hi as we drive by". I can promise...April is a true Angel...if you've never met one before, don't miss this opportunity. Please text me or email me with contact info and I'll reach out along the way. My number is 678-428-1684 and the email is "thegritzcarlton@gmail.com". What a wonderful opportunity we have in front of us and what a wonderful, unique family we have here!!! There are no words for our gratitude...!!! For those that have been there and understand this next statement..."I'm gonna drive my motorhome 65 MPH right into Uranus and have a hotdog and some ice cream"! Nasty...but it exist...funniest little town in America!!

Side note: as a result of no slides, we had custom rugs made for Bugsie as she slips and slides a lot on the floors. I used contractor's paper and made precise templates of the floor. Went to HD and bought two colorful rugs and found a carpet guy here that custom cut them to the template and bound the edges. What a huge difference it made in, warmth sound and feel! I'll post pictures.
Gritz, we are currently in Williams, AZ an hour south from the Grand Canyon. We also went to Moab before this. So glad y’all are finally taking this trip! It sounds like a great route! Since you say you are avoiding major highways, I’m assuming you will be avoiding I10. There is a terrible area from the Louisiana border to Winnie, Texas that you should avoid at all cost. We are about to head to the Grand Canyon. It’s our last day here. We head home tomorrow. Tomorrow I will tell you some of the quirky and off the beaten path things we discovered around Moab. Happy Travels!

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 01:50 PM   #68

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs4 View Post
Gritz, we are currently in Williams, AZ an hour south from the Grand Canyon. We also went to Moab before this. So glad y’all are finally taking this trip! It sounds like a great route! Since you say you are avoiding major highways, I’m assuming you will be avoiding I10. There is a terrible area from the Louisiana border to Winnie, Texas that you should avoid at all cost. We are about to head to the Grand Canyon. It’s our last day here. We head home tomorrow. Tomorrow I will tell you some of the quirky and off the beaten path things we discovered around Moab. Happy Travels!

Pam
I hope you're having the best time while here.

Old 04-17-2023, 02:14 PM   #69

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
While in Zion and if you have a 4x4 check out Peakaboo canyon. It is near the Coral Sand dunes. It is an awesome slot Canyon. We did it in our Jeep grand Cherokee- PSI set to 15psi.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 02:59 PM   #70

THOR #13932
https://www.amazon.com/EZdeflator-De...71875697&psc=1

Unfortunately, but all that was available way back when, I have the $100 staun version of these. It was not unfortunate at the time but $20 does seem more appropriate.

I suggest a set of these and a ryobi battery compressor of the
Set and forget genre.
I'm airing down and on the trail in a minute vs 20 minutes of kneeling for other folk, and aired back to road pressure while eating lunch vs 30 minutes kneeling next to the tires.

Old 04-17-2023, 04:54 PM   #71

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
What is your re-inflate set up if you don't mind sharing?
I want to rig up a 2 tire inflation set up for our Bronco and hope to use it for the motorhome as well. On the road i usually run a couple more PSI in the front Bronco as well as the MH so looking for a 2 way instead of a 4 way inflate.
Old 04-17-2023, 05:08 PM   #72

THOR #13932
https://www.amazon.com/18V-DUAL-FUNC...a-870223855333

This with a 'y' for two tires.
Set your wanted pressure, then go do other things until it shuts off.
Quick quiet highly portable.

I dismantled my built into the vehicle arb compressor/5 gallon accumulator tank set up and seldom carry my adapted 120cft scuba tank(it can set a bead if needed)
The ryobi does the job I need.

Old 04-17-2023, 05:23 PM   #73

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
I've looked at the (Powertank) air tanks and like the idea. But for MH use a pump seems easier to pack around. I like the set and forget feature.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:12 PM   #74

THOR #17765
We’re on the road. First stop is harvest host, Del Monaco Vineyards just east of Nashville. Beautiful setting.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:21 PM   #75

THOR #11130
See you soon in the desert! Travel safe! I'm sure your wife will keep a great journal for all of us to benefit from later. Most amazing thing we've discovered is how economical campgrounds are west of here. Florida "rape artist" campgrounds are $80+...anywhere. We're averaging around $36 at FHU nice places everywhere.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:29 PM   #76

THOR #13932
Pam,
We have reservations tonight at the Red Raven in Williams.
Someone owed us dinner and is paying up.
You joining us would be a big treat for me.
I'm tall and very pretty and easy to spot.
The reservations are under Mr Sylvia if you can't find me.

Old 04-18-2023, 12:55 AM   #77

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Hey Gritz, have a great trip! I was starting to plan a Utah national parks trip when covid hit in 2020. Perhaps one day we'll plan it all again, but not this year. A bit green with envy and looking forward to your highlights.
Old 04-18-2023, 12:19 PM   #78

THOR #11130
I'm looking forward to making this run in the smaller coach as much as anything else. What a challenge to go small! Biggest difference is food stocks. We've always carried tons in the residential fridge. Now we'll just grocery shop every 3-5 days and eat fresher food. Second biggest challenge...tank size...but we mostly do FHU's so it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 04-20-2023, 12:07 PM   #79

THOR #17765
Waking up on day 4 of our 12 week trip. 1 NP so far , Hot Springs, AR. Currently in Checotah, OK. Scary last night. 2 tornados hit just west of us. Also discovered a crack in windshield. Likely due to the twisting and jerking while “Auto” leveling. We were stopped at a rest area, engine idling, noticed the leveler pump engaging briefly. Hmmmm. Going down the road the jacks down light would intermittently flash twice (while turned off). After touring Hot Springs, I had wife direct traffic as I was crawling underneath the street side looking at levelers. Sure nuff, LR leaked down about 2 inches. Figured I’d troubleshoot at next campground 5 hours down the road. So manually retracted and hit the road. Over the next 5 hours and 300 miles I never got another jacks down warning. Hmmmm. Got to campground, and no leaking down. Hope it stays that way for 12 more weeks. Off to Amarillo and the Big Texan today. Should I try the steak challenge?
Old 04-20-2023, 12:31 PM   #80

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
I hope you're having the best time while here.
Thanks, Duck! We did! Our wifiranger was down until late yesterday afternoon, so I was offline. Historic Williams was such a cute little town! The train ride was great! We were in the dome on the return trip, but I never found what I could see would be your gate. Maybe we passed it while the train was getting “robbed”
We made it back into Texas yesterday. Leaving Lubbock and we will be back home in SE Texas tomorrow! This last week of the trip has been rough because of the wind. My husband is having to do all the driving. We even had to close our big slide last night because it sounded like the wind was going to take the slide awning. There is dust all in the air here in Lubbock.

Pam
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote