Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2017, 01:02 AM   #1
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor ACE 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Nevada
Posts: 30
THOR #5275
HDMI cord splitter to bedroom TV and main TV

In the ACE 30.2 the HDMI cord is routed through the area under the bunkbeds to the larger TV. I checked and the cord makes its way under the microwave and over to the TV. I would like to pull this HDMI cord back to the area under the bed and use an HDMI 1-4 device to mirror the HDMI feed to all 4 TVs in the slide. I would have to run 4 new HDMI cables but they are all relatively close and in the same slide.

The 30.2 has 2 TVs in the bunks, 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the front area. Does anyone see a fault in this plan. The 1-4 HDMI splitters work great to replicate the same signal to multiple displays. I think it should work fine in an RV. We have a dish Wally receiver and would be ok watching the same show. Actually I prefer that to having multiple shows competing with audio.
__________________

__________________
davepetroski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Tupelo Kid's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
Posts: 214
THOR #9143
Quote:
Originally Posted by davepetroski View Post
In the ACE 30.2 the HDMI cord is routed through the area under the bunkbeds to the larger TV. I checked and the cord makes its way under the microwave and over to the TV. I would like to pull this HDMI cord back to the area under the bed and use an HDMI 1-4 device to mirror the HDMI feed to all 4 TVs in the slide. I would have to run 4 new HDMI cables but they are all relatively close and in the same slide.

The 30.2 has 2 TVs in the bunks, 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the front area. Does anyone see a fault in this plan. The 1-4 HDMI splitters work great to replicate the same signal to multiple displays. I think it should work fine in an RV. We have a dish Wally receiver and would be ok watching the same show. Actually I prefer that to having multiple shows competing with audio.
I'm interested in the answers or follow up to this. I just today added the Wally and King Tailgator to my coach. Due to ignorance (mine) it took me most of the day to get it all together and connected to only one set (outside) since the wally was easier to connect there for testing. Looks like this event will require running a separate set of cable to all sets but that will come later. Good luck.
__________________

__________________
Ours is a 2018 THOR ACE 29.3
Tupelo Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 452
THOR #5326
They do sell Bluetooth HDMI that several people on the forum have used to fix broken cables instead of running new cables they say they work great this may help you situation that you don't have to run 4 new HDMI lines ??
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Tupelo Kid's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Georgia
Posts: 214
THOR #9143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
They do sell Bluetooth HDMI that several people on the forum have used to fix broken cables instead of running new cables they say they work great this may help you situation that you don't have to run 4 new HDMI lines ??
Bluetooth HDMI or simply wireless HDMI.
Is that the same?
This post has me searching and it looks like wireless HDMI may be the ticket to my need.
__________________
Ours is a 2018 THOR ACE 29.3
Tupelo Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:07 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 452
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupelo Kid View Post
Bluetooth HDMI or simply wireless HDMI.
Is that the same?
This post has me searching and it looks like wireless HDMI may be the ticket to my need.
Yes wireless
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×