Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Shur-flo Accumulator tank Install

Yay! Pretty simple install! I snagged a brand new one off Ebay for $19.98 free shipping, it was missing whatever fitting they supply with it. I went to Lowes and grabbed two slip fit 1/2" x 1/2" fpt connections for the PEX water line. It was just a matter of teflon taping the threads, securing them to the tank and cutting the pex (with my favorite razor blade cutters) and slipping the fittings on to the pex. Then, secured the tank to the wall of the bed pedestal. No leaks, no drips, no errors! WooHoo! I Also, lifted the pump off the floor and put 3/8" black foam & carpet under it and screwed it down firm, but not enough to smash everything tight. It made the pump quieter & no more surging at the faucets. Successful day!

Old 09-25-2017, 11:54 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Good job, thanks for sharing!

I installed mine in the middle of a big trip, with a few basic tools and no fittings. Was able to use the original pipes and fittings, by just mounting the pump with one of the original 4 screws into the floor through a different hole on the pump. It has worked fine for a year without leaks or problems, so I don't think I'll do a proper fix on it!