Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2016, 01:33 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Florida
THOR #2100
Front Jacks & off door slide

Our unit is a 2016 ES Houston

Saturday as we were preparing to relocate, our unit's front jacks, when pushing the button to raise it, actually lowered it causing the unit to kneel. At the same time, the off door slide, previously closed, opened by itself. Once the slide fully extended (on it's own) the front jacks would raise. Once connected to the truck we were able to close the slide.

This behavior continued when we arrived at our destination.

Thoughts?

Old 02-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #2

Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
While I have no experience with the newer (self leveling) Level-Up system, I've heard that the dipping of the nose "might" be normal. The slide part is definitely a mystery as I've never heard of that happening.

What you might try the next time is bypass the automatic self leveling and revert to the manual method of using the jacks for lifting and hooking up. I would venture to guess that if everything is fine with using the manual method, then there might be a need to replace something in the automatic controls.

As for the slide, on our 2010, we got the remote WOW system but after I used it once, I've never used it again. The WOW remote is supposed to be able to be used to extend or retract the slides. However, I found that when it was used, one push of the button caused all the slides to either come in or go out in a sequence. Once the button was pushed, there was no stopping the slides with the remote.

I'd say to contact someone at DRV or a tech at one of the dealerships with your question as well as asking here on the forums.

Terry
Old 02-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #3

Model: 38RSSA
State: Virginia
THOR #2642
Leveling Problems

When we picked up our 2016 38RSSA we experienced similar problems. It was determined after they changed out the control board, no change, that there was a defective leveling leg on the off door side. Our dealership worked with Lippert and we were told this was the problem. I had to leave the unit a week came back and it has worked since. I have to believe the legged was replaced. Hope this helps......
Old 02-15-2016, 04:52 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
What a shock, it was a defective Lippert part! And you spent a week with your $150K toy sitting there, and THOR had 1 less week of warranty to worry about providing you! What a ripoff!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:39 PM   #5

Model: 38RSSA
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3221
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBOWROOM View Post
When we picked up our 2016 38RSSA we experienced similar problems. It was determined after they changed out the control board, no change, that there was a defective leveling leg on the off door side. Our dealership worked with Lippert and we were told this was the problem. I had to leave the unit a week came back and it has worked since. I have to believe the legged was replaced. Hope this helps......
Glad to hear you got your problem got fixed. I hope that's all that was wrong. Good luck in your future adventures.

Dan
Old 02-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #6

State: Kansas
THOR #2648
We have a 38 2014 RSSA and about the same thing happened to us.
Had it to Lippert and they could not find anything wrong with it.
It would not do it all the time.
One day when it acted up I was on the phone with Lippert and as he was running me thru the check list I found a wire that was about half off of the lug (Solenoid) in the compartment close to the reservoir, there was only two wires there with spade lugs.
I think I might have jerked one of them loose when I added ATF to the reservoir. It has not done it since.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:15 AM   #7

State: Florida
THOR #2100
Closure to this problem...

​Valve replaced & all is well with our slides and jacks...