Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2019, 12:19 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
Big foot platinum levling

I have a 2018 VEGAS 27.7., E450.
I am wanting to install the Big Foot Platinum System (one pump).
I was going to us the Wireless Remote version, but I have been informed that they are having issues with it and are not providing that system at this time.
Therefore it will require that I mount a panel.
I need to know the size of the panel and how much room is required behind the wall if I mount the panel on a wall.
I have an area next to my refrig. that has a hollow area. The monitoring panel is in this area. I am afraid that the requirement of the Big foot Panel may be bigger that the depth allowed.
I do not think that I have a flat enough area on my dash to mount the panel there.
I have seen a video on Big Foot's site showing what I understand is a remote box, but it is very large and actually has a large cable wired to it and the coach.
Any information is appreciated.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:17 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Texas
THOR #12635
recently had Big Foot Levelers installed on my Vegas 25.2. The control panel was placed on the end cap of the lower cabinet by the steps. It's out of the way, easy to reach from the outside if needed. I sit on the top step with my Levelmate Pro app and I'm leveled in under 2 minutes...
Good Sam Member 855452801
Sk8nmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:04 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I installed mine last year. The contol panel is large but pretty thin in thickness. Like you said the bundle of wires are thick part (esp the plug at the end). I would stay thats your thickest part to worry about.

If you installing yourself I would just wait until you see everything before you cut any holes. That way you can see and adjust accordingly. Some have mounted this control panel on dash to the Left (next to cup holder) or right (as low as they can go by your right knee on the Axis/Vegas model. Others by the steps.

If a pro is installing ... then tell them the 1st choice and 2nd choice for mounting locations.

I bet you will be okay with your 1st choice.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #4

Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
I looked at the dash left knee, but I have already used that area for a light that comes on when my Stay N Play break system is working. I may still use that area and just move the light. The area to the right seams to be low, but might work. The more I think about it I may have a professional look at this before I jump off the cliff.
I am headed over to look at the area near the door. I already have my electric stabilizers two switches, awning light, awning switch and 12V disconnect in that area. Might work anyway.
THANKS!!