Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2019, 11:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24.1 Axis-2005 Mini
State: Georgia
THOR #14334
Front Cap Seal and pitting of other Seals

Newbie needs some help.

I'm in process of purchasing a 2015 Axis 24.1 and the inspection revealed two things that need to be addressed immediately.

1. Front cap seal failure....inspector says the doesn't appear to be any penetration but it needs to be resealed immediately.

2. Pitting of other seals.....inspector says this pitts reveals the seals are close to end of their life and need to be resealed.

Other than that an with my expectation that the tires, though only 10K, are getting old and may need to be replaced before a long trip, is what he says are all passing grades.

Since I have no experience can anyone advise me if this repairs are expensive or advise what the typical cost might be for repair shop to fix.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:20 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
The rule of thumb for the tires is replace after 7 years. Do not go by the mileage when talking tires. Every tire has a mfg. date stamped on them, if they are over 7 years I would work the replacement into your purchase offer.

If you are talking about the "caulking" around things on the roof. I am not sure about replacement as that's a job. I know I have cleaned the caulk and put more over the top.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Negotiate a reseal of the roof and all seams in the deal or discount the price by that amount and have it done immediately.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote