Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2019, 02:15 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
campaigns and recalls

Hey everyone just a heads up, Since I work with and on cummins engines I looked up my engine serial number just because I was bored and found out some interesting things.

There is a campaign open right now for 2013-2014 build years for certain isb6.7l engines and they go by the engine serial number to upfit the scr systems (the part where your def fluid goes) due to some failures the campaign number is c2115ISB CM2350 265HP AND HIGHER EMISSIONS RECALL CAMPAIGN
In order to qualify for repair under this field action, an engine:
  1. will be covered Regardless of coverage status, and
  2. must show an OPEN status for this field action on QuickServe® Online.
  3. For ISB CM2350 (Model Year 2013 thru 2014 Product) the SCR Part Number must be compared with Attachment B. Any SCR Part Number found in the Affected Part Number Column should be replaced. If the SCR Part Number is not found in the Affected Part Number Column, the engine is not eligible for this action
Also there are several others
T2145ISB6.7 CM2350 MY13 AND MY14 VARIABLE GEOMETRY TURBOCHARGER ACTUATOR TRP FOR OUT OF WARRANTYOPENT2146ISB6.7 CM2350 MY13 SYSTEM OUTLET NOX SENSOR TRP FOR OUT OF WARRANTY FAILURESOPENT2148ISB6.7 CM2350 MY13 DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID DOSING VALVE RETROACTIVE TRP FOR OUT OF WARRANTY FAILURESOPENT2160ISB6.7 CM2350 MY13 ENGINE OUTLET NOX SENSOR RETROACTIVE PAYMENT TRPOPENT2147ISB6.7 CM2350 TURBOCHARGER RETROACTIVE PAYMENT TRP FOR OUT OF WARRANTY FAILURESOPEN
So anyone who has these model years I highly recommend you contact a cummins dealer with your vin number and see if your affected as the scr system can cost thousands of dollars to replace and I think I read the coverage under this was 10yrs or 180,000 miles.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:31 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
Hey everyone just a heads up, Since I work with and on cummins engines I looked up my engine serial number just because I was bored and found out some interesting things.

There is a campaign open right now for 2013-2014 build years for certain isb6.7l engines and they go by the engine serial number to upfit the scr systems (the part where your def fluid goes) due to some failures the campaign number is c2115ISB CM2350 265HP AND HIGHER EMISSIONS RECALL CAMPAIGN

In order to qualify for repair under this field action, an engine:
  1. will be covered Regardless of coverage status, and
  2. must show an OPEN status for this field action on QuickServe® Online.
  3. For ISB CM2350 (Model Year 2013 thru 2014 Product) the SCR Part Number must be compared with Attachment B. Any SCR Part Number found in the Affected Part Number Column should be replaced. If the SCR Part Number is not found in the Affected Part Number Column, the engine is not eligible for this action
Also there are several others
T2145ISB6.7 CM2350 MY13 AND MY14 VARIABLE GEOMETRY TURBOCHARGER ACTUATOR TRP FOR OUT OF WARRANTYOPENT2146ISB6.7 CM2350 MY13 SYSTEM OUTLET NOX SENSOR TRP FOR OUT OF WARRANTY FAILURESOPENT2148ISB6.7 CM2350 MY13 DIESEL EXHAUST FLUID DOSING VALVE RETROACTIVE TRP FOR OUT OF WARRANTY FAILURESOPENT2160ISB6.7 CM2350 MY13 ENGINE OUTLET NOX SENSOR RETROACTIVE PAYMENT TRPOPENT2147ISB6.7 CM2350 TURBOCHARGER RETROACTIVE PAYMENT TRP FOR OUT OF WARRANTY FAILURESOPEN
So anyone who has these model years I highly recommend you contact a cummins dealer with your vin number and see if your affected as the scr system can cost thousands of dollars to replace and I think I read the coverage under this was 10yrs or 180,000 miles.
https://quickserve.cummins.com/servi...5_esn-list.xls If you know your engines serial number the above link should be all that's affected or on your ecm dataplate will have it also .