Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #7453
Freedon Elite 22FE (2017) Water pump

I am getting the fresh water tank filled up when I connect to the park water. After I turn off the park water and turn on the water pump, it makes a lot of noise and then when it starts to pump it pulsates. I've never noticed this problem in other RVs I've owned. My questions are: 1) is this normal (the pulsating water and noise)and is it a pump problem, 2) Where is the water pump located on this model so I can check it. I'm trying to avoid a trip to the dealer. Thanks

Old 12-04-2017, 06:17 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post
I am getting the fresh water tank filled up when I connect to the park water. After I turn off the park water and turn on the water pump, it makes a lot of noise and then when it starts to pump it pulsates. I've never noticed this problem in other RVs I've owned. My questions are: 1) is this normal (the pulsating water and noise)and is it a pump problem, 2) Where is the water pump located on this model so I can check it. I'm trying to avoid a trip to the dealer. Thanks
Maybe there is air in the line. Mine sounds similar when there is air or no water. Turn everything on to possibly let out any air.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
In my first Vegas, Thor connected the water pump directly to the solid water line even though the directions are explicit in teliing you to put in a peace of flexible hose between the pump and solid water line. My pump was noisy, pulsated and finally failed after 18 months. When I replaced it, put a piece of flexible hose between the pump and water line and fastened down the water lines - which Thor just laid on the floor - my problems ended.

I don’t know where you’re pump is in the Freedom Elite. In the Vegas it is under one of the beds. Should be near the fresh water tank.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Illinois
THOR #10076
Pull the lower kitchen cabinet drawers and have look under there, for your pump.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #5

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
Come on people, these pumps make so much racket when operating, you'd have to be totally deaf not to be able to locate it. I can't believe how many posts there are about finding where a water pump is located.

Here's a clue, it will be close to your water tank.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:51 PM   #6

Model: thor 22FE
State: Georgia
THOR #3371
I have a 2016 22fe. The water pump is behind the panel facing the fridge. Below the wardrobe and the pantry. Take all 4 screws out and pry it open. I replaced screws with velcro on all 4 corners for easier access. Hope that helps
Patrick
Old 12-04-2017, 10:53 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #7453
Thanks for all of your inputs. I looked under the dinette, but it wasn't there. I'll try the panel under the pantry. Do you all think that the pump is to blame for the fresh water tank filling up when hooked up to park water?
Old 12-04-2017, 11:14 PM   #8
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post
Thanks for all of your inputs. I looked under the dinette, but it wasn't there. I'll try the panel under the pantry. Do you all think that the pump is to blame for the fresh water tank filling up when hooked up to park water?
There is a check valve that should prevent city water from getting to the fresh water tank.
Common for debris to prevent this valve from closing completely, and the result is a full/overflowing fresh water tank.

Should all be located near the pump.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote