Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
Posts: 1
THOR #5333
Lighting the pilot light

Looking for directions for a new Thor Hurricane 33g to light the pilot of the hot water heater?

Helppppoo?
__________________

__________________
mtgood5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Travelin' Texans's Avatar
 
Brand: Redwood
State: Texas
Posts: 923
THOR #3610
Don't know anything about your model rv, but all I've had had electronic ignition, turn on the switch when the red light went out it was lit.
__________________

__________________
Danny & Linda
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:50 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Hittntherooad's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 320
THOR #3952
Should light automatically. I usually turn on all the burners to the stove to make sure the air is out of the gas line. If not it will try to light a few times and then shut down. Then you just try again.
__________________
Ace 30.1
Hittntherooad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
Posts: 808
THOR #5246
I would be shocked if you have to light a pilot light on a modern RV, except maybe in an oven.


It isn't rare to have a faulty ignitor or possibly have a wasp nest or mud doppers blocking something.
__________________
Full Time in 2017 Newmar Ventana 4369
pulling a 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper/Harley/Kayak)
(traded 2014 Thor Challenger)
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Hittntherooad's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 320
THOR #3952
I believe the oven has to be manually lit is so you don't fill the oven with gas and the door closed and blow the door off?
__________________
Ace 30.1
Hittntherooad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Hittntherooad's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 320
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
I would be shocked if you have to light a pilot light on a modern RV, except maybe in an oven.


It isn't rare to have a faulty ignitor or possibly have a wasp nest or mud doppers blocking something.
Right, he did say new Thor.
__________________
Ace 30.1
Hittntherooad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:39 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
Posts: 808
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
I believe the oven has to be manually lit is so you don't fill the oven with gas and the door closed and blow the door off?
The ovens I have had in RV's since model years 2008 have had pilot lights you light manually before turning on the oven. Then when finished using the oven the pilot light goes off when you turn the oven off.

Furnaces and water heaters do not generally have pilot lights. They obviously would never stay on while the RV was underway or during extremely windy conditions if they did.
__________________
Full Time in 2017 Newmar Ventana 4369
pulling a 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper/Harley/Kayak)
(traded 2014 Thor Challenger)
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
Posts: 263
THOR #970
My 2014 Thor Hurricane you have to light the pilot light to use the oven.. as for the hot water heater, just flip the switch on the panel, it does it without human help..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
The ovens I have had in RV's since model years 2008 have had pilot lights you light manually before turning on the oven. Then when finished using the oven the pilot light goes off when you turn the oven off.

Furnaces and water heaters do not generally have pilot lights. They obviously would never stay on while the RV was underway or during extremely windy conditions if they did.
__________________
petef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
rskrbina's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 35SK Super C
State: Missouri
Posts: 102
THOR #711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
Should light automatically. I usually turn on all the burners to the stove to make sure the air is out of the gas line. If not it will try to light a few times and then shut down. Then you just try again.

Agreed !
__________________

__________________
Rudy, Jenny and Garrett
2014 Four Winds 35SK Super C - Ford F-550, 6.7 Power Stroke- Blue Ox tow bar with Patriot brake - 2004 CR-V, 2013 F-150 and 2016 Wrangler Sahara Toads - TST 507 tpms
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2