Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Busy day with the Axis

Having some time today and really nice weather; I was able to take care of a few things on the Axis.

First off I removed the taillights and used my "as seen on TV" solution to the leaky taillight problem: I sealed up the area with some "Flex Seal"!

For being only 1 year old the recess where the taillights are was pretty clean, and very little water.

There it is sprayed with "Flex Seal". The stuff is pretty tough once it drys. In fact, if you do anything with "Flex Seal" it is best to remove the masking within about 10 minutes of spraying it. Otherwise you'll have to cut through it with a sharp knife.

All done.

Next up was replacing the windshield washer pump & tank. I don't have any pics of this as its pretty straightforward: Unplug the electrical plug and the washer hose, remove 2 bolts, put new one on, replace 2 bolts, replace plug and washer hose.

Since I had a little left over of the sound insulation material from when I used it on the doghouse I figured I'd use some to try to plug the A pillar holes:

I cut two sections about 8" x 2' and crammed them up the sides from the engine compartment. The right end of the picture above is where the A pillar hole is. Unfortunately when I was putting the RV away I was concentrating on something else (see below) and didn't pay attention to the noise level.

Continued on next post...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum